Our Use of Your Personal Information
We are happy to provide you with details of the Personal Information, which we process about you. To protect our customers' personal information, we follow strict storage and disclosure procedures, which mean that we will require proof of identity from you prior to disclosing such information. We may charge a small administration fee in relation to any requests for access to personal information.
St. James's Place plc (Company No. 03183415) has its registered office at St. James's Place plc Head Office: St. James's Place House, 1 Tetbury Road, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1FP, United Kingdom. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 the data controller is: The Data Protection Officer, St. James's Place Plc, 1 Tetbury Road, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1FP, United Kingdom.
You can disable and delete cookies by changing the appropriate setting within your browser's 'Help', 'Tools' or 'Settings' menu. Please note that by disabling cookies you may not benefit from some of the features of our site. You can find out more about deleting or controlling cookies by visiting aboutcookies.org.
In addition, we use Google's remarketing technology to advertise online. In doing so, Google will place or read a unique ad-serving cookie on your computer and will use non-personal information about your browser and your activity on our sites to serve ads on their content network. Please click here for more information about remarketing or to opt-out of the Google remarketing cookie.
We will only collect personal information about you if you send us an e-mail enquiry via the 'contact us' facility or you register to receive your Unit Trust Manager's Reports by email. In order for this to happen, you will need to fill out the on line 'contact us' form or complete the registration details. The type of information being collected for an enquiry will be apparent from the layout of the 'contact us' form, which also tells you how this information will be used. The type of information collected to register to receive the Unit Trust Manager's Reports by email will be apparent from the details requested when you register. The information collected when you register will only be used to email your Unit Trust Manager's Reports and for no other reason.
We take all reasonable precautions to protect our visitors' information, both on and off line. If your personal information changes, please let us know and we will correct, update or remove any information that we hold about you on our active databases. We may however need to retain archive copies of that personal information for legal or audit purposes. If you have any queries regarding the way in which St. James's Place handles data collected from you on this website, please visit the contact us page.
By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out in the above four paragraphs.
When might we disclose your personal information to others?
Please be assured that except for the reasons listed below, we will not disclose your personal information to others.
We may disclose your personal information to others in the following circumstances and/or for the following purposes:
- Where it is necessary for the provision of information or services to you
- Where we are required to do so by the courts or to comply with other legal, statutory and/or regulatory obligations including accounting and taxation requirements
- To prevent and/or detect crime
- Where we believe that you may be interested in the services offered by other organisations including our group companies. Please contact us if you would like details about these companies. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing from St. James's Place, please write to us at St. James's Place Wealth Management Group plc, St. James's Place House, 1 Tetbury Road, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1FP.
- For credit reference purposes Personal information collected from you so that you may receive your Unit Trust Manager's Reports by email will only be disclosed to third parties who process this information on our behalf for administrative purposes; where we are required to do so by the courts or to comply with other legal, statutory and/or regulatory obligations including accounting and taxation requirements and to prevent and/or detect crime.
Please note that if you communicate with us electronically, including by e-mail, telephone or fax, this communication may be randomly monitored and/or recorded to protect the interests of our business and our customers. This includes for the purposes of maintaining customer/service quality standards, detection of and/or prevention of crime and to ensure that St. James's Place employees comply with legal obligations and St. James's Place policies and procedures (including our customer relations practices).
Please help us to keep your Personal Information current and accurate by contacting us if your Personal Information is or becomes inaccurate and/or out-of-date.
As you may be aware, no data transmission over the internet can be entirely secure. As a result, while we will always use reasonable endeavours to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information and the use of our Site (including the e-mail facilities) is at your own risk.